Sunday, March 30, 2008

Carbon Dreams 3: the gory details

Aida's components, for bike geeks only:
  • Frame & Fork: 2007 Colnago Cristallo
  • Headset by Colnago.
  • Stem by FSA, as well as the K-Wing carbon handlebar
  • Gruppo: mostly Campagnolo Centaur, Record chain, Chorus Carbon crankset, compact (50-34). I matched it to 11-25 cassette. I have opted for a 11, which according to Sheldon Brown's online gear calculator http://sheldonbrown.com/gears/ is more or less equivalent to a 53x12, while the compact option shall reveal itself useful for the upcoming climbing indigestion.
  • Wheels: Campagnolo Neutron. Absolutely gorgeous. Period.
  • Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus
  • Seat: Selle Italia SLK. I have a saddle from Selle Italia on almost all my bikes, and so far it’s the best match I found for the most important part of my body.


Final Weight: 17.8 with everything, including the old anvil-heavy pedals, soon to be replaced with new Keo Carbon. And here are some images from the building, and the final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment